Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Deana!

Today is my friend Deana's birthday. Happy Birthday Deana!! I wanted to make a fun little card for her, because she's a fun little woman. She's the tiniest person I've met in a long time. Not only is she a friend, she's also my neighbor. We live in a brand new neighborhood, my family was literally the first family to move in and we were by ourselves for over 3 weeks before anyone else moved into the neighborhood. There are only a few houses at the front of the development, and Deana, her husband and their sweet little boy moved in just 2 doors down. Of course I did the neighborly thing and baked some brownies and made a card to welcome them. After that we just hit it off and Thank the Lord, I've been praying for someone just like her, we're alike and SOOO different that it works. She's visiting family in Texas right now and I can't wait for her to come home!
As for the card, I loosely based it on a card that was in Stampin' Success, the magazine that Stampin' Up! demonstrators get every month. There are always very cute and cutting edge projects in the magazines, so I altered a card from the magazine and made it my own.

Stamps: Wow Flowers
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Flower Fusion Too (Chocolate Flower), silver brad
Punches: 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1" circle punches, corner rounder

No comments: