Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coluzzle


One of the tools that I don't seem to reach for enough is the coluzzle. I made this card about 4 months ago and just found it on my computer. It's pretty plain, but I was really getting into my punches around then and came up with a BIG scallop circle using the coluzzle and the slit punch. The card still needs a little somethin', but for now it'll have to do. I cut a smaller circle out of the middle and then cut a larger circle around that one with the coluzzle. Then took my slit punch and punched all the way around. I punched the small holes with my crop-a-dile. I inked up the stamp using the Old Olive Stampin' Write marker and for the Riding Hood Red I used my blender pen and my RHR ink pad. If I remember correctly, I then punched out the stamped image with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I put dimensionals on the scallop circle and the stamped image, stamped the "so happy for you" and adhered it on the card. I think it could really use a background stamp for some dimension, and now that I know how to do the scallop circle, I'll be making more cards using it. Thanks for looking!
Stamp set: Pocket Silhouettes, Nursery Necessities
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive (Marker)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Bethany, this is so fresh & pretty! I love your creations--so much, I gave you a couple awards! Check out my blog to claim them!
LeAnne