Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scallop Punch Flower


Have you ever seen something in a catalog or in a store and thought "I can figure out how to make that"? Well, I did just that. On page 46 of the catalog there's a box with a really pretty flower made with the scallop circle punch. I've seen a few blogs where they did this technique, but I like to put my own spin on things. In the catalog the flower has six petals, but for me, doing things in even numbers is hard. I like odd numbers better! I punched out 3 scallop circles and cut them in half and then rolled them around and glued them together. I punched out a circle to attach the petals to from the underneath. I like the way it turned out, the picture doesn't really show the dimension of the flower, the center of the petals are red. I added a red button from the Designer Button Bouquet with some hemp twine in the center, tied some Kiwi Kiss 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and a scallop edge and voila!
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Bella Rose DSP
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Red Button, Hemp Twine
Punches: Scallop circle, Scallop Edge, Corner Rounder

No comments: