Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bella Rose

It took me a little while to really like the Bella Rose Designer Series Paper. The colors and patterns are gorgeous, but I thought they were a little too dressy for my taste. Once I opened it up and started working with it, I did all sorts of projects. The card is 4 x 4 and I cut one of the roses out of the DSP. This is where Stampin' Up!'s paper snips come in handy. These little scissors are awesome. They have a very sharp tip that lets you get into all the nooks and crannies of whatever you're trying to cut out. They take the effort out of detail cutting.
The scallop square behind the flower was done with the scallop edge punch. I had some fun playing with the punch a couple of weeks ago and came up with nested scallop squares. I thought that I had come up with something ingenious, but lo and behold, it's already been done. The way I do it is different that the other ways I've seen it done, but the end result is the same. I shot a video demonstration and am trying to edit it, once that's done I'll have it up on the blog.

Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose DSP
Punches: Scallop Edge

No comments: