Friday, November 14, 2008

Enjoy Bookmark


More Bella Rose DSP. The enjoy image is from the Enjoy Every Moment stamp set. The strange thing is that when I stamped the image, it didn't completely fill in. When I picked up my paper, I realized there was something underneath the paper when I stamped it, which is no surprise, my stamping area is almost always cluttered with mulitple projects. I thought about tossing it, but I looked at it again and I kinda like the distressed look that it has. I cut around it and then layered it on Bella Rose DSP, which is layered on Riding Hood Red. I used the Large Tag punch to punch the end and then used the scallop edge punch to give it a little detail at the bottom. I punched a hole in the top with my crop-a-dile and threaded some Riding Hood Red 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon and wrapped some hemp twine around the ribbon instead of tying it in a knot. Then I punched out some flowers with the trio flower punch and some little red centers with the 1/4" circle punch. You can't really tell in the picture, but I punched out the center of the letter "o" in enjoy so the paper could peek out from behind and then adhered one of the punched flowers in the center. If I made multiples of these, I would probably laminate them first so they will hold up, I'm afraid if I used this one, one of the flowers would get stuck to the pages in the book. This project was intended for a punch class I was hoping to have, but didn't generate enough interest. If you're in the Summerville, Goose Creek, Charleston SC area and would like to come to a class, shoot me an email.

No comments: