Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I have 2 projects to share. They're pretty much the same concept, just in different form. The first one is a card that I made for my neighbor. I found some egg shaped playing cards at the Target $1 spot and used them as a template to make my little egg chicks and bunnies.



It's an accordion card and here it is closed.



I made this little basket out of some 6x6 Darling Dots paper left over from Sale-a-Bration. The colors in this paper scream spring and Easter! The eggs are covered in the same paper.


The little bunny is from the Eight Great Greetings stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I stamped him in Chocolate Chip ink and colored it in with markers and punched him out with the new Scallop Oval punch, also available in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I folded up the card and used the basket as my envelope to deliver the card to my neighbors for Easter.


This is the 2nd project. I made this banner last year. I saw one similar in PaperCrafts Magazine and had to try my own version. The one in the magazine was done with wood ovals. Once again, mine is with giant egg shaped playing cards from either Target or Wal-Mart, I don't remember which one!?!? I covered the cards with paper and decorated them. I put eyelets in the corners and tied them together with all different kinds of ribbon. The paper on these is DCWV from the Spring Stack 2008.

Here are some closer pictures. I thought it was appropriate to do 2 bunnies and 3 chickies to represent my family :)


No comments: